Another variation of Instant Pot chicken wings that the whole family enjoyed. We did opt for the step to marinade the wings for a bit. Great flavor!
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 12 minutes | Total Time: 22 minutes
3 lbs chicken wings
1 Tbsp sesame oil
3/4 cup soy sauce or coconut aminos
1″ piece fresh ginger
1 small onion (about 1 cup)
8-10 garlic cloves
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup brown sugar, optional
1-1/2 Tbsp chili paste
- Place wings in large bowl.
- Combine all other ingredients and pour over chicken pieces. Toss to coat. (For more intense flavor, marinate for 20-30 minutes before cooking.)
- Place everything in Instant Pot. Secure the lid and using manual, set to high pressure for 7 minutes.
- Once the 7 minutes is up, do a quick release. Once steam is released open lid; using tongs, place wings on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- After removing wings, turn setting to “sauté” and cook until reduced. (Keep the lid off when sautéing.) OR pour the extra sauce from the instant pot into a small pot and bring to boil. Turn down the heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. As sauce cools, it will thicken slightly.
- While sauce is reducing, put baking sheet in oven and broil on HIGH for 4-5 minutes, until browned on the tops.
- Once wings are browned, remove from oven and pour sauce over them. Serve immediately.
4-6 as appetizer