This Crisco recipe is the one we like best!
1-1/2 cups sugar
1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening or 1 stick
OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
2 large eggs
2 Tbsp milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- HEAT oven to 400°F.
- COMBINE sugar, shortening, eggs, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer at medium speed until well blended.
- COMBINE flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.* Add gradually to shortening mixture at low speed. Mix just until blended.
- COMBINE remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon* in small bowl. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE 7 to 8 minutes. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Place on cooling racks to cool completely.
- Cinnamon-sugar mixture can be put in resealable plastic food storage bag. Place 2 to 3 cookie dough balls at a time in bag. Seal. Shake to sugar-coat dough.
*Variation for Colored Sugar Snicerdoodles: Add cinnamon to flour mixture in Step 3. Combine 3 tablespoons colored sugar and 3 tablespoons granulated sugar to use for coating instead of cinnamon-sugar mixture.