I was a skeptic about cooking pasta without draining, but this Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Pasta recipe proved me wrong. It was so creamy, delicious, and oh so easy!
2 Tbsp olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 large chicken breasts (about 1.5 lbs total)
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 quart (4 cups) low sodium chicken broth
1 pint (2 cups) heavy whipping cream
1 lb uncooked penne pasta
8 oz freshly shredded real parmesan cheese
Flat leaf parsley minced for garnish
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Set 6-quart Instant Pot to Sauté function and hit Adjust button until More is lit. This heats Instant Pot to highest heat for searing.
- Sear chicken breast in Instant Pot for several minutes on both sides until evenly browned.
- Remove chicken from pot and set aside to be added back in with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add garlic to pot and cook for about one minute.
- Add chicken broth and use wooden spoon to scrape up browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Add heavy cream, uncooked pasta, a teaspoon of kosher salt and several turns of freshly ground pepper.
- Return chicken breasts to Instant Pot and stir all ingredients together.
- Hit off button to end Sauté function, then lock lid in place with Pressure valve set to sealing.
- Cook on Manual, High Pressure for 6 minutes. Instant Pot with take 10-15 minutes to come to pressure and then countdown from 6 minutes.
- Once cooking is complete, use Quick Pressure Release. Since we are cooking a pound of pasta, there may be some starches and liquids that start to splatter. If that happens, use wooden spoon or an oven mitt to quickly close pressure valve. Wait one minute and try again.
- Once pressure pin drops, unlock lid and remove chicken breasts. Use a meat thermometer to ensure they have reached 165 F degrees. Set aside to rest.
- Stir pasta and cream mixture together and slowly add in freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Slice chicken breast and combine with pasta.
- Serve with additional freshly ground pepper, shredded parmesan and chopped flat leaf parsley.
Leave a Reply