These Easy Baked Coconut Shrimp are crisp, golden and delicious served with a sweet and spicy apricot dipping sauce. Set these out on a platter in front of some hungry guests and I guarantee they will disappear!
1 lb large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp shredded sweetened coconut
1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp panko crumbs
2 Tbsp flour
1 large egg
For the Sweet and Spicy Dipping Sauce:
1/2 cup apricot preserves
1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
3/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- For the sauce, combine all the ingredients and place in a small bowl.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a non-stick baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine coconut flakes, panko crumbs and salt in a bowl.
- Place the flour on a small dish. Whisk egg in another bowl.
- Lightly season shrimp with salt. Dip the shrimp in the flour, shaking off excess, then into the egg, then in the coconut crumb mixture.
- Lay shrimp on the cookie sheet then spray the top of the shrimp with more cooking spray; bake in the middle rack for about 10 minutes. Turn shrimp over then cook another 6-7 minutes or until cooked though. Remove from oven and serve with dipping sauce.