Our new Instant Pot® continues to be a success! The recipe spices were just right, and the rice and shrimp were perfectly cooked.
1 Tbsp oil
12 oz andouille sausage, cut into 1/2-in slices
12 oz boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-in pieces
1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup onion, chopped
1 cup bell pepper, chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
1 Tbsp garlic, minced
1 tsp dried thyme
1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning, divided
1/2 tsp salt
1-1/2 cups long grain white rice
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with liquid
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 cups chicken broth
2 small bay leaves or 1 large
Parsley chopped, to garnish
1/2 cup shallots thinly sliced, optional
- Rub shrimp with 1 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning and set aside.
- Press ‘Sauté’ and add oil to inner pot of Instant Pot. Add Andouille sausage, and cook until browned, about 6 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add chicken, and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add shrimp and briefly saute for just a few seconds, adding a teaspoon of oil if required. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. You can choose to not sauté the shrimp at the beginning. Just add it in raw at the end, and the juices will get absorbed by the rice, without the shrimp drying out.
- Add onions, bell pepper, celery, and garlic. Stir until onion is translucent.
- Add thyme, Cajun seasoning, salt, rice and stir to coat, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in tomatoes, Worcestershire, chicken broth and bay leaves. Stir in the reserved sausage and chicken.
- Cook on ‘Manual’ setting for 7 minutes (takes about 10 min to come to pressure). Make sure steam release handle is in the ‘Sealing’ position. Do a Quick Release and open the Instant Pot.
- Carefully stir in shrimp. Close the Instant Pot and allow the shrimp to finish cooking in the residual heat for 10 minutes.
- Open the Instant Pot and add parsley. Gently stir the jambalaya. Garnish with shallots, if using. Serve with hot sauce on the side.