Same as this recipe creator’s name … it’s “Damn Delicious”! An easy soup that’s packed with flavor.
1 Tbsp olive oil
1-1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 onion, diced
3 Tbsp red curry paste
1 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
6 cups low sodium chicken broth
13.5 oz can coconut milk
8 oz rice noodles (1/2 package)
1 Tbsp fish sauce
2 tsp brown sugar
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Add chicken to the stockpot and cook until golden, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- Add garlic, bell pepper and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in red curry paste and ginger until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken broth and coconut milk, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Stir in chicken. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in rice noodles, fish sauce and brown sugar until noodles are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in green onions, cilantro, basil and lime juice; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately.