Authentic french crepes recipe as you will eat in Paris. French crepes are thin, crispy on sides and filled with delicious sweet jam or chocolate spread.
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (230g)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract optional
1 teaspoon white sugar optional
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons butter melted or vegetable oil of your choice
- In a large bowl add the flour, eggs, salt, vanilla extract, melted butter and sugar if used.
- Using a whisk or electric mixer, beat in the milk gradually until a smooth batter form with no lumps.
- Heat a lightly buttered crepes pan over medium/high heat.
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the pan, then tip and rotate the pan to spread batter as thinly as possible.
- Brown on both sides about 1-2 minutes on each sides and serve hot with your favorite fillings
Crepe pan: I am using a 10 inches crepes pan. It makes 12 perfectly thin and crispy french crepes with this recipe.
Store: you can cook all the crepes then store them in the fridge, on a plate covered with plastic wrap. It store well up to 2 days.
Filling ideas: jam, chocolate spread, honey, maple syrup, apple compote, fruits, nut butters, whipped cream, ice cream, nuts, coconut and more!