A super easy, no-fuss Olive Garden copycat recipe that’s wonderfully hearty and comforting, except it tastes 100x better!
1 cup ditalini pasta
2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
1 lb spicy Italian sausage, casing removed
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
3 carrots, peeled and diced
2 stalks celery, diced
3 cups chicken broth
16-oz can tomato sauce
15-oz can diced tomatoes
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
3/4 tsp dried thyme
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
15-oz can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
15-oz can Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add Italian sausage to the skillet and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the sausage as it cooks; drain excess fat and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the stockpot. Stir in garlic, onion, carrots and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Whisk in chicken broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, basil, oregano, thyme, Italian sausage and 1 cup water; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in pasta and beans until heated through.
- Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply