These Red Velvet Oreo Truffle Brownie Bars will have you in your stretchy leggings in no time flat, but it’s all worth it.
1 red velvet cake mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 pkg Jell-O instant white chocolate pudding (3.3 ounces)
6 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 pkg Oreos
8 oz pkg cream cheese
1/2 pkg (1/2 lb) chocolate bark (CandiQuick) (or about 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips)
Mini chocolate chips for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Combine cake mix, melted butter, eggs, pudding mix, vegetable oil and mix well until thoroughly combined (2-3 minutes on medium of electric mixer).
- Spray a 9×13 with nonstick cooking spray. I like the baking variety that has flour in it. Then spread the red velvet brownie layer into the pan. It will be VERY thick, use the back of a spoon (or clean hands) to help spread it into all edges of the pan.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean (ovens vary so watch closely). Let cool completely before flipping out.
- Crush package of Oreos in a food processor (or in a large plastic bag and rolling pin).
- Melt cream cheese for 15 seconds in a microwave to soften.
- Stir together crushed Oreos and cream cheese until blended smooth.
- Carefully spread out Oreo truffle mixture on top of baked red velvet brownies. Use your hands to help press it down instead of spreading to avoid tearing the brownies.
- Melt chocolate candy bark (or chocolate chips) and pour over top Oreo truffle layer.
- Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips while still warm.
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares.*
*After assembling, don’t chill too long or the chocolate is really hard to cut through.
Leave a Reply