Nothing says “weekend” like easy homemade pancakes for breakfast. Our easy pancake recipe will help you easily whip up this weekend favorite in less than 30 minutes! When you see how easy it is to make delicious, light, and fluffy homemade pancakes from scratch, you’ll wonder why you never tried the recipe before!
1 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted, or vegetable oil
1 large egg
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, butter (or oil), and egg. Add dry ingredients to milk mixture; whisk until just moistened (do not overmix; a few small lumps are fine).
- Heat a large skillet (nonstick or cast-iron) or griddle over medium. Fold a sheet of paper towel in half, and moisten with oil; carefully rub skillet with oiled paper towel.
- For each pancake, spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons of batter onto skillet, using the back of the spoon to spread batter into a round (you should be able to fit 2 to 3 in a large skillet).
- Cook until surface of pancakes have some bubbles and a few have burst, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip carefully with a thin spatula, and cook until browned on the underside, 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer to a baking sheet or platter; cover loosely with aluminum foil, and keep warm in oven. Continue with more oil and remaining batter. (You’ll have 12 to 15 pancakes.) Serve warm, with desired toppings.