A simple and delicious side, these green beans are full of flavor with the garlic and parmesan with the added brightness of lemon.
1 lb fresh green beans
8-10 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1-1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 lemon, zested
- Rinse green beans in water. Trim off the stem edge of the beans (optionally leave thin string side).
- Bring about 5 qt water to boil. When water starts boiling, add kosher salt (to taste) into boiling water. Add all the green beans into the boiling water. Blanch it for about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove blanched beans immediately into ice bath and let it cool completely. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet. Add minced garlic and cook stirring until golden brown. This step is important. Do not rush to add the blanched green beans into skillet. Wait until garlic is golden brown. Browning garlic ensures maximum flavors of the garlic in the dish.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Throw the blanched green beans into skillet. Toss well to ensure all the beans are coated with butter and seasoning. Toss and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add lemon juice. Turn off stove. Toss the skillet to coat sautéed green beans.
- Transfer beans onto serving plate. Grate Parmesan cheese and zest of 1 lemon over sautéed green beans. Serve immediately.