Who knew making yogurt could be so easy!? A cheaper and healthier version that store bought!
52 oz bottle whole or 2% Fairlife milk (or any ultra-pasteurized milk)
2 Tbsp plain yogurt that has milk and live/active cultures in it
14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk (optional)
- Place the Fairlife and yogurt (and condensed milk if using) in the Instant Pot and whisk together.
- Secure the lid, hit the “Yogurt” button and adjust so it’s on the “Normal” or “Med” setting (it MUST be on this setting or it won’t become proper yogurt). The time should display 8 hours. If you want it more tangy in flavor, adjust the time up to 10 hours.
- Once done, the display will read “Yogt”. Remove the lid (remember, there won’t be any quick or natural releasing as it wasn’t pressure cooked).
- Remove the liner pot from the Instant Pot (it won’t be hot when you remove it), DO NOT MIX, cover the pot with tin foil and set in the fridge to chill from 4-8 hours (or overnight).
- When ready to serve, you can place in individual containers/jars or leave it in one big bowl provided they all have nice, protective covers as yogurt must always remain covered to retain its state.
- Serve with fresh fruit, honey, granola or however you like it! The yogurt will last up to 2 weeks in the fridge so long as it’s securely covered.